THE WELLBEING OF OUR GUESTS AND OUR EMPLOYEES HAS BEEN OUR GREATEST PRIORITY.
The layout of Over The Moon Guesthouse provides travellers with a safe haven during these difficult times and it allows us to restrict the number of guests in each area. The guesthouse has 9 large and airy guest rooms, some with private ground floor entrances and others with private balconies. Public facilities are mostly outdoors and our in-house facilities are open to our guests only. We have the luxury of space, making social distancing easier than at most establishments.
We have followed the recommendations of the South African government and global health organizations throughout the COVID-19 crisis and have introduced the following measures;
- All staff and guests are screened on arrival. Guests are required to complete a questionnaire as well as have their temperature scanned. Should a guest or staff member’s temperature exceed 37.5º C, access to the guesthouse will be denied and the person will be referred to a medical facility.
- During the check-in procedure, the front desk and equipment are sanitised and we practice a cashless payment system.
- Special attention is given to sanitize all guest rooms and public areas and facilities.
- Hand sanitizers are in place at all public areas of our guesthouse.
- Linen and towels are washed at the hottest wash cycle and all linen is ironed on a hot setting.
- Our staff wear masks and are required to adhere to the strictest hygiene protocols throughout.
- Social distancing is required in all public areas.
- Staff training is done regularly and they are provided with daily updates on the latest guidelines issued by health authorities.